The years of living in a house can make it really easy for most people to accumulate a trailer-load of things that they don’t necessarily need or even want. However, even harder than living in a house filled with clutter, is the process of getting rid of all that accumulated stuff.
Should you throw it all out? How will you live without all the things you’ve lived with for years? How will you ever begin to pack your stuff for your move to your new house? Questions, questions, questions. We can help you to answer them in this very article. Check it out.
• Find out what they value of your most valuable items are. See if you can get the receipts for them, because you might have to get an expert appraiser to help you give you an appraisal of your antiques or other treasured items.
• Photograph your valuables and accompany them in your written appraisal, so you can use them for your insurance.
• Start packing. While you’re doing that, evaluate each item you come across and think about if you really do need it. Think about if you ever really use it or if your loved ones find it necessary. If you don’t need it, then it’s time for it to go.
• Make a donation of the items you don’t want. Get rid of the things you barely use, that are still in good condition. You can give them to homeless shelters, churches, community centers, schools or wherever else they can be used.
• Ensure that you carefully pack your moving boxes so that nothing gets lost or damaged along the way. Use proper and sufficient packing equipment to ensure that you encounter no problems like that throughout your moving process.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.