There are a number of important documents that you need to ensure are kept safe and sound at home. These documents will need to be in a good condition, as well as easily locatable. A great idea would be to try to keep electronic notes of all the documents you have, by scanning them. However, not all of your important documents can be scanned.
Some of the most important paper documents that you need to pay particular attention to carefully storing include passports, titles/deeds, marriage/divorce certificates, bonds, birth certificates, legal documents and more. We’ll show you some of the ways that you can store your most important documents properly.
- You should store all of the important documents in one location so that they can be east to find when they’re needed. You don’t have to find anything too expensive to file your documents in – you can simply use a box or filing container. You can even label the boxes to make it easier for you.
- Get rid of all the clutter that accumulates and try to ensure that you are very careful with the things that you put into your important papers collection. Make sure that it is only important papers that go into the storage box or container.
- Try to digitize the things you can so that you can save on space and scan them to your digital library. Try to only store the documents that must be in a hard copy.
- Ensure that you always return all your important documents to their designated storage space when you’re finished with using it.
- Separate your important papers from the files that you use on a daily basis so that they don’t get mixed up and lost amongst the bunch. You can even use a fire safe to protect your papers from unforeseen events.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa, then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.