Sometimes, clutter can build up in various areas of your home, without you even realizing it, until one day you invite people over to your house and the uncomfortable expressions on their faces make it clear to you that’s something’s wrong. It’s then you realize that there’s no space for your visitors to place their belongings on the table, or that they have to manoeuvre through your living room like it’s a maze, because you have too much stuff. It’s not attractive, comfortable or healthy for your visitors or for you.
There’s no need to feel ashamed, even though the accumulated clutter may be plentiful or unsightly, because it isn’t too late to start decluttering it. The question you may ask yourself is “Where do I start?” and we’re here to help you with just that. Just Right Self Storage can help you to find the solutions to all of your clutter problems.
- If you have a problem with emotional or sentimental clutter, you should ensure that you keep one or two of the items that you’re attached to and flagrantly display them. Take pictures of all the rest that you love and then get rid of them.
- If you have a problem with bargain clutter, which is pretty much buying things that you didn’t need, because you got them for a good deal. Forget about shopping and donate the things that you don’t need, to charity.
- If you have a problem with technology clutter, which comes from the love of buying electronics and having trouble getting rid of them. The solution is to use things till they’re no longer of use to you and then responsibly dispose of them immediately after.
- If you have a problem with ego or knowledge clutter, you should try to limit yourself to one bookshelf (or such storage space) for your favorite books.
- If you have a problem with hidden clutter, which is as a result of stuffing things into spaces instead of properly dealing with it. You have to get all of it out in the open and decide what you need and what you don’t.
- If you have a problem with “I might need that one day” clutter, which is based on the fear that one day, you might need something you threw away. To solve this problem, you just have to assure yourself that you’ll be able to get by without it if the situation arises. Don’t stress yourself over something that hasn’t even happened.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa, then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.