Alright, so it’s become plain to see that organization is a NEED at your house at this point. You have accumulated so much stuff over the years, that there is no way you’re putting this off for a next time. The problem is you don’t have the money to do it. Hold up – that problem isn’t really even a problem! We’ve got some pretty cool solutions for you and that storage problem.
Sort all your stuff into piles. Decide which pile are for the things you want to keep, the thing you want to move to a different location, the things you want to sell or give away, the things you want to fix or clean and the things you want to throw away or recycle. Set a time for yourself to take on the tasks of dealing with the space you’re trying to organize. You can do this over a period of days. You don’t have to do it all in one go.
Here are some low-cost storage solutions you can use to help you with storage. Don’t buy expensive containers and bins to store stuff in; see what you have in your home first. Be creative. There are really simple things you can use to organize your stuff, like…
– Baby wipes containers can be used to store a number of things like pens, notepads, batteries and more.
– Try using your old baking pans to hold tools in your garage.
– You can take an old CD cabinet and make it toilet paper storage in the bathroom.
– Egg cartons and ice trays can become great jewelry organizers.
– “Over-the-door shoe racks or other types of clear organizers can hold household cleaners, tools, jewelry, makeup and many other items.”
– “Use command hooks on the sidewalls of the cabinet under your bathroom sink to hold less-often-used beauty tools.”
Innovative, right? These are things that you’ve got right in your house, sitting there under your nose. We hope these pointers were helpful! Your home will look more clean, refreshed and spacious. You can even think about putting all your other extra stuff in a mini storage unit and away from the comfort of your home. We’ve got what you are looking for concerning self-storage in Ottawa. We’re the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau. Give us a call so we can discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage. We’re conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau.