You can’t just have those lying around, now can we? Despite the lack of space at home, you still get visitors and you want the visitors to have a good impression of your home, so you can’t have 100 different pairs of shoes lying here, there and everywhere. We’ve compiled 33 awesome places you can store your shoes. You choose which ones you like!
1. Try storing them underneath a bedskirt.
2. Hang molding on the walls to hang them on.
3. Hang molding near the ceiling of a closet for your non-seasonal shoes.
4. Conceal a shoe rack with a curtain.
5. Store shoes in an ottoman.
6. Use old wine crates to store shoes.
7. Store your shoes in shoeboxes with their pictures on it.
8. A simple wooden pallet has slits that perfectly fit shoes.
9. Hang them on a pegged coat rack.
10. Build your own PVC-pipe shoe rack.
11. Hang heels on an old ladder.
12. See if you can get old school lockers for shoe storage. (Boys will love this!)
13. Store them in buckets.
14. Store them in wine boxes under the bed.
15. Hang your shoes up.
16. Stack them on the stairs.
17. Use recycling bins to store shoes in an entryway, like by the front door.
18. Take up unused space by putting up shelves in the corner of the garage.
19. Elastic shoe straps are a quirky and colorful way to hang your shoes on the wall.
20. Hide shoes under a slipcovered bench.
21. Check out an Ikea Komplement slide-out rack that holds an impressive 16 pairs of shoes.
22. Use a large picture frame as a slide-out shoe drawer.
23. Try a slide-out shoe rack.
24. Hang shoe organizers on a room divider or screen.
25. Use towel rails as shoe holders.
26. Alternate your shoes — you’ll be able to fit more in a row.
27. Put them in a basket.
28. Make a floating shoe rack.
29. Keep them in a dresser or cubby shelf at the foot of your bed.
30. Strategically use tension rods in the bottom of a closet.
31. Throw them into rolling crates.
32. Use a curtain rod to hang your baby’s shoes.
33. Paint cans nailed into the wall are the perfect size for flip-flops.
Ha! Cool, huh? Maybe there were a lot of stuff you didn’t even imagine you could use to store shoes. We’ve got more home trends and storage tips for you. We’ve got what you are looking for concerning self-storage in Ottawa. We’re the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau. Give us a call so we can discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage. We’re conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau.