Some of the most enjoyable times of the year, are the times when you, your family and your friends can go out and have fun playing sports together. It’s exciting, it’s great exercise and it’s one of the best ways to learn teamwork and build bonds. You need your sports gear to play safely and successfully, and you also need to keep your sports gear in a good condition for whenever you need them. That’s why it’s so important to ensure that you store your sports equipment safely away, until you need to whip them out again to play. We’ll show you some of the best things you can do to successfully store them at home or in a storage unit, for the next season.
- Take a good look at your sports gear before you store it away, so that you can identify damage and make the necessary repairs.
- Make an inventory of your sports equipment to see if there is a shortage of anything. If there is, stock up before the next season opens so you won’t be unpleasantly surprised by a lack thereof.
- For specific storage instructions, check the owner’s manual, especially if the equipment you want to store away is one of the bigger and more complex ones.
- Give your sports equipment a thorough cleaning, particularly if there are uniforms, shoes and padding for it as well. Ensure that you remove stains, dirt, grass and debris from them so that they don’t attract pests.
- Cover your large sports equipment with a cotton sheet or a breathable tarp, never with plastic.
- Groups your equipment according to the sports they are associated with, by using storage bins.
- According to the season, you should store the equipment needed for the current one, closer to the door. Make sure to rotate the items as the year progresses.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa, then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.