If it’s time to move out or it’s time to move some stuff to a self-storage facility, that’s just what this article is about. You need to ensure that you’re packing your stuff properly so that you can carefully transport them from one location to another. You don’t want any of your stuff to get damaged, nor do you want the people transporting the stuff to sustain any injuries either.
You’d be surprised the variety of items that should be packaged in boxes for moving – from the very large items in your home, to the very small ones. There are small boxes, medium boxes, file boxes, large boxes, picture mirror boxes, small wardrobe boxes, large wardrobe boxes and even television moving boxes.
Here are the things you should do if you want to ensure your items are moved safely to their destination:
• Label all boxes.
• Ensure that your boxes are packed securely so none of them can shift or move around.
• Wrap delicate items in blankets and towels before putting them in the boxes.
• Pack the lighter boxes on top of the heavier ones.
• Put the boxes that you most likely need to access first, closer to the front and at the top of the other boxes.
• Liquids should be wrapped and sealed in plastic bags.
• Place the parts for items that you may have to take apart in bags or containers and make sure that you label them. Attach or tape them to the main item if you can.
• Vacuum store your linens and clothes if you can – it will help to minimize storage space.
We’ve got what you are looking for concerning self-storage in Ottawa. We’re the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau. Give us a call so we can discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage. We’re conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau.