Anything you store in areas where there is a lot of moisture in the environment can succumb to water damage. That lessens the likelihood that your belongings won’t last very long or may be damaged in both appearance and ability to function. You can lessen on the moisture in the air of your storage area, by ensuring that you clean and dry all the items that you want to store in. Here are some things that you can use to dehumidify the area you want to store them in.
- You can use moisture-absorbing commercial products that you can find at just about any home center and storage facilities. Most of these products have ingredients such as activated alumina, sodium chloride, calcium chloride, silica gel, potassium chloride, and more.
- You can use charcoal briquettes because they are useful for absorbing water from the air. All you have to do is place your briquettes in a bucket and you should have them replaced almost 30 to 60 days so that they stay fresh and work effectively.
- You can use kitty litter to absorb humidity in your storage area as well. All you must do is tear the bag open or put the litter in a bucket s that you can keep mildew and mold away from ruining your belongings.
- You can use a dehumidifier which is an appliance that can lower the moisture in the storage area’s atmosphere. You should only use it if the temperature is more than 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can use an electric fan to increase the air circulation throughout the area, keeping the air dry and stopping mold or mildew from forming on the walls or storage boxes in the area.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa, then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.