Jewellery can be a beautiful accessory to your entire look. You can see the difference that a necklace and/or a pair of earrings can make when you add them to your outfit. You have to make sure that you keep the jewellery in your closet in good condition, whether it’s authentic jewellery or fashion jewellery. We’re going to show you some great tips you can use to store and organize your jewellery.
- Store your jewellery in a box that is sturdy on the outside, but soft on the inside, so that your precious jewellery can be protected from elements in the surroundings.
- You can make use of Zip-Lock bags to store your jewellery. You can place the items in the bag, zip it shut and then place the bag in-between folded clothes to keep them safe.
- Clean up your jewellery every time you use it – wipe it with a soft cloth to get rid of dirt and sweat. Clean your sterling silver jewellery every four to six months with a silver glaze; avoid getting silver glaze on your pearls and gemstones; clean your gold jewellery with jeweller’s rouge.
- You should store all the different types of jewellery you have, separately. That way, you can avoid them getting all tangled up, so that they remain in optimum condition.
- Be very careful with your pearls, because they can get damaged quite easily if they aren’t stored carefully in a container with an extra soft interior.
- Also be very careful when storing your silver jewellery because they can easily begin to look tarnished and they require frequent cleaning. You should store them in a tarnish-resistant cloth to keep them shiny and safe.
- Make sure that the area you store jewellery in is dry, so that humidity doesn’t damage them.
- Ensure that you hang your necklaces when storing them, so that they don’t get tangled up and lose their shine.
- Don’t keep your jewellery near to excessive heat or in direct sunlight – store them at room temperature.
- Be very careful when you travel with your jewellery. Safely secure it and never let your jewellery to remain in your suitcases.
- If you have beaded jewels, you need to store them flat, in soft pouches.
- Never store different types of jewellery together, because that makes them more susceptible to damage.
- When you’re storing jewellery, use anti-tarnish strips.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.