Moving isn’t always as simple as it sounds. It’s not just picking stuff up, putting it in a truck and driving it over to your new destination. Well, actually it may be…fundamentally. What we’re trying to say is – there are a number of complex and costly issues surrounding your scheduled move.
This article will show you how to save yourself the money and the drama on your big move.
• Don’t be afraid to ask your friends for help when you need to move. Don’t ask too often and don’t ask people who get asked too often, neither should you ask for help packing your items into boxes for the moving either. However, you should ensure that when you get help from your friends, try to repay them in simple ways, ensure that you have everything ready for when they come to help you and always try to return the favour when they ask you for help.
• Organize all your items according to their weight. Have the heavier items placed by the door, so that they can be easily transferred from the door to the truck and so that the lighter boxes would be placed at the top. Place the other, lighter things that you have packed, further to the back.
• Use technology to help you move, by using apps to help you locate moving trucks and services that are within your budget, etc.
• Make sure that you put labels on everything, so that you can make it easier to unpack or locate things when you’ve gotten to your destination.
• Save some money by writing your moving off as a tax deduction (especially if it’s for your job). Always remember to keep a check on your moving expenses as well so that it will be much easier for you to file your taxes when the time comes.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa, then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.