When we think about our homes, we think about how comfortable it makes us feel and how it welcomes us. We want it to welcome others that we invite over, too. We try to make our homes looks good, especially for others, but we sometimes forget that we’re the ones spending the most time in it, so we should at least try to make it look good for our own comfort.
Here’s an idea. You want to add some of your own personal touch to your home? Dig up some of those old flower pots you’ve got stored away somewhere, get some new flowers or whatever plants you want and let’s get started. We’re going to show you how to custom design you flower pots.
Open up your garage, shed or storage unit and gather these items:
• A pot (you’re going to want a plant to match, though)
• Acrylic paint
• Paint brushes (get a small, round one and a medium, squared one)
• Paint supplies (like newspaper to protect your services, a paint rag and a cup of water)
So, let’s begin!
1. Prepare the area you’re going to work from.
2. Scrub your pot with the paint rag to ensure that you clean it so that nothing will interfere with the first coat of paint.
3. Choose the paint colors you want to use and set some out.
4. Apply a few coats of your base color, ensuring that you let each coat dry before you apply the next one.
5. When the paint is dry, sketch your design very lightly, using a pencil.
6. Paint your designs over your sketch.
7. Coat with Mod-Podge (optional).
…and you’re done! It’s a simple, fun and artsy home trend that you can do all by yourself. We’ve got more home trends and storage tips for you. We’ve got what you are looking for concerning self-storage in Ottawa. We’re the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau. Give us a call so we can discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage. We’re conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau.