Those prized bottles of wine you just purchased are something you’ve always wanted to invest in. You can’t wait until the perfect occasion to open them up and sophisticatedly sip on your prized possessions.
They say wine only gets better with age? That’s true to an extent. You can have bottles of wine there waiting for years and years, and you’re expecting that when you open them, you’re delighted, right? Unfortunately, with improper storage conditions, your precious wine won’t be anything but horrid to the taste…and smell. That’s why we’ve come to help you out. We’ve provided 5 tips on how to store wine the right way, especially your Riesling and Merlot. Read them yourself.
• You have to keep it cool. The temperature should range between 45 and 65 degrees. The near-perfect storage temperature would be 55 degrees. Try to make sure that temperature doesn’t fluctuate.
• You have to maintain proper humidity. Humidity levels are very important, as high humidity levels can cause mold to grow and low levels can cause corks to crack, allowing air to seep through them and into your wine.
• You have to keep them away from light. UV rays can be very harmful to your wine. That’s why your bottles should be kept in a darker area. Yes, we know you want to show them off, but it isn’t worth ruining the savor.
• You have to lay them on their side. You want to do this so that the wine would touch the cork and keep it moist, preventing cracking and we know that a cracked cork would lead to air getting into the bottle. We don’t want that.
• You have to dedicate storage to your wine. Wine can’t just be stored anywhere and everywhere. You have to find the right place for it. Remember all the previously stated recommendations? Find somewhere or something that can accommodate such. You can get self-storage facilities with designated wine storage or you can invest in a wine cooler for your home.
Follow these tips and get the perfect wine. We’ve got what you are looking for concerning self-storage in Ottawa. We’re the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau. Give us a call so we can discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage. We’re conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau.